I'm trying to put together a resource page for videos on the psychology of religion. If you know of any relevant links, please provide them in the comments section. I'm looking for reasonably high quality material by reputable researchers. I am also interested in good documentaries on the psychology of cults or other religious groups.
This is my first shot at it. I will keep this updated.
1. Andy Thomson - Why we Believe in Gods
Good introductory lecture.
2. Andy Thomson - We few, We happy few...
Theory of religious suicide.
3. Robert Sapolsky - The Biology of Religious Belief
4. Scott Atran - Suicide Terrorism
5. Scott Atran - Evolution of Suicide Networks
6. John Shook - The Psychology of Religion
7. Dylan Evans - Born to Believe
8. Emma Cohen - Savage Thinkers and Soulless Psychology: The Cognitive Anthropology of Religious Experience
Session 1 - Emma Cohen (Presenter) from American Academy of Religion on Vimeo.
9. John Dunne - The Impact of How it Feels: Neurophenomenology and the Cognitive Science of Religion
Session 2 - John Dunne (Presenter) from American Academy of Religion on Vimeo.
10. Jared Diamond - The Evolution of Religion
11. Documentary - God on the Brain