Thursday, January 26, 2012

Book Recommendations (Index)




I've decided to do a series of posts giving short book recommendations. Since I usually read far more interesting stuff than I could ever possibly write about in a substantive way, I figure a series of short posts just recommending things I've read might be worthwhile. Also, each post will give readers an opportunity to recommend things that they've read too.

I won't give any ratings or substantive criticisms of the books I recommend here, I'll just provide a couple of reasons for thinking the book is worthwhile. Also, while my main focus will be on philosophy books, I won't limit myself to those.


An Index to Recommended Books


1. Just the Arguments: 100 of the most important arguments in Western Philosophy

2. Contemporary Theories of Liberalism (Gaus)

3. The Art of Strategy (Dixit and Nalebuff)

4. Human Enhancement (Savulescu and Bostrom)

5. The Logic of Real Arguments (Fisher)

6. God in the Age of Science (Philipse)

7. The Ethics of Voting (Brennan)

8. On Politics (Ryan)

9. The Problem of Political Authority (Huemer)

10. Books on Writing (Various)

11. Philosophical Devices (Papineau)

12. Contractualism and the Foundations of Morality (Southwood)

13. Moral Tribes (Greene)

14. Gratuitous Suffering and the Problem of Evil (Frances)

15. The Mind-Body Problem (Goldstein)



No comments:

Post a Comment