Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Enhancement in Sports and Education (Index)



Sorry for the lack of posts recently. Unfortunately, the first couple of weeks in January are (possibly from now on) going to be dedicated to marking student assignments. Hopefully, I'll be able to get back to posting more regularly soon.

Anyway, to fill the gap, I thought I'd just do an index for all my recent posts on the use of performance enhancers in sports and education. I've listed them in chronological order, since that is probably the best way to read them. As you'll see, they deal more with sports than with education. I'm trying to work on a paper (possibly papers) dealing with the analogy between sports and education at the moment that will cover the educational context in more detail. I mention this several times in the posts that follow.

I think there's some interesting material in here, if you have the time to read it. Enjoy.


Series Index


1. Partridge on Performance Enhancement in Swimming

2. Schermer on Enhancement and Cheating (Part One)

3. Schermer on Enhancement and Cheating (Part Two)

4. Tannjso on Enhancement and the Ethos of Elite Sport

5. Overview of the Arguments Against Doping in Sport (Part One)

6. Overview of the Arguments Against Doping in Sport (Part Two)

7. Doping, Slippery Slopes and Moral Virtues

8. Enhancement and Education: Lessons from the Kobayashi Maru (Part One)

9. Enhancement and Education: Lessons from the Kobayashi Maru (Part Two)

No comments:

Post a Comment